Welcome!

Welcome Lighthouse Students!

This new blog is dedicated to being for the students and by the students.
We want your input! Would you like to share your testimony? Or how about a current Bible study you are doing?
Wanna talk about this weeks topic from youth group? Why don't you tell us about the retreat you just went on!

Wanna write an article?
Contact Shawna Anderson!

Via: Facebook, email (cocoamoe4@hotmail.com) or text! (503) 970-3148
Just be sure and tell me who you are and what you're interested in writing.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life by Becca


People are always asking me what God has been doing in my life; how He has been impacting me, changing me, growing me. The truth is, I don't really know what He's doing yet. The beauty of God is that He shapes us in ways we cannot see nor comprehend. It is only when we are lifted out of our valleys onto mountain tops that we clearly see the plans He has to prosper us, and not to harm us. I am in a valley at the moment, but not the kind you would expect. I love and serve God with all my heart and I trust Him with everything. I've been reading my bible more than I ever have before and my faith is more grounded than it ever has been before. But oh, the struggles. I am still being perfected. I have insecurities many girls face of thinking we're either too much or not good enough. I over-analyze and I worry constantly. I'm always wanting to know what future my choices will bring, and I'm always looking for God to show me a sign. But where is faith in that? I’m learning this year especially, to trust God with my future. My future husband and relationships, my future job, my future college. I know this: God is sovereign, God is holy and God is good. I’ve never been an especially stable and grounded person. I base life on what I feel and I act on how I feel. The problem is that what I feel is constantly changing. It’s exhausting and I’m always asking God why I always seem to be up and down all the time. But James said this: “Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” James 1:12 NASB And Paul said this: “Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12: 10 NASB I know that I am strengthened by these trials, and I’m so excited to be able to look back at the rocky paths and praise God for the beautiful work He was doing in my life. But, though I don’t really know what He’s doing in my life at the moment I do know what He’s doing in the lives of others. I’ve been praying for my school for two years now. Mid-August I just felt and trusted that this year would be a year of fruit filled labor. That after all my interceding and investing in lives and planting seeds, I was going to see some growth. Well God is so so so amazing, and He always does way more than I could’ve ever hoped for or imagined because in this first month of school I have seen more fruit than I ever have in my life. Just last Sunday some boys from my school organized a bus to take 26 people to a youth group I attend in Puyallup. 26 people. God is growing Christian leaders in my school, He is opening doors in my school, He is changing lives in my school. This is a year of many many blessings. This is a year of change. Don't ever lose hope, and know that God answers prayers. He truly does. Just be patient because God hears you. Get passionate, get bold and give it all to God because He will blow you away with His power. “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12: 1-2 NASB . Let that be the utmost cry of our hearts as we run this race.

**Written by Becca G.

No comments:

Post a Comment