Welcome!

Welcome Lighthouse Students!

This new blog is dedicated to being for the students and by the students.
We want your input! Would you like to share your testimony? Or how about a current Bible study you are doing?
Wanna talk about this weeks topic from youth group? Why don't you tell us about the retreat you just went on!

Wanna write an article?
Contact Shawna Anderson!

Via: Facebook, email (cocoamoe4@hotmail.com) or text! (503) 970-3148
Just be sure and tell me who you are and what you're interested in writing.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

He gives + takes away


2 Corinthians 12:9-10, “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Have you ever imagined the way something would be, and once you finally got there, it was nothing like you expected? That’s the way it was for me and Junior year. I had no idea I would be this busy, it would be this crazy, and my life would become so different!
School keeps me busy, so I get upset sometimes because it seems like I have no time to do fun things. I get angry sometimes too, and I show that through rebelling – don’t panic though; because I’m not running over little old ladies with my car - I just ignore the fine print rules every now and then. It’s hard for me some days to remember that God never gives you what you can’t handle.

A few weeks ago, I was betrayed by someone who promised me they never would, and it’s been really hard at times for me to move on from that friendship. But despite ALL that, I’m happy. I’m happy because I have an amazing God who picks me up, brushes me off, gives me a big hug, and begins to show me how much better life is going to get. I’m also happy because through that hard situation, God has shown me who my true friends are and who really cares about me! I’ve grown closer to some people at my church because of it too, and I’ve received really uplifting words and Bible verses that really encourage me!

Life is messy you guys. We wish big sometimes only to find there was no shooting star going by and we dream for things we are secretly scared will never happen. Sometimes….we put too much faith in people. But no matter how busy we are, we have to spend time with God – because he is honestly our best friend – the only person who will never leave us, never lie to us, never betray us, and will always be there to pick us back up again and show us something better - even more beautiful! We have to lose ourselves in him. We should thank him when something hard or painful happens, because he is going to show us something even better! He takes away, but he also gives! So read this verse again!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10, “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Written by Sarah T.

No comments:

Post a Comment